Friday, June 20, 2014

The Lake District

Posted June 20, 2014.

New strategy: I'm hoping to keep up on our current doings and slowly catch up on what I've missed. 

Today we drove about an hour north, to the Lake District. We started at the visitor's center in Brockhole, on Lake Windermere. My favorite part of the visitor's center (well, besides the free W.C.) was the Cumbrian slang display. I only wish I'd heard someone actually talking like this.


But outside was where it was at. Beautiful. The scenery was pretty sweet too. :)


We took a cruise around about half the lake (about an hour and a half) and scoped out a couple of hotels right on the water that might be nice for a return trip:








This was Beatrix Potter's house.






We drove up to the north lakes, and stopped at the Castlerigg stone circle in Keswick. Not as impressive as Stonehenge or Avesbury, but the views were amazing.




No comments: